Tuesday, July 18, 2023

A TRIBUTE TO ELISE SUTTON, Part 1


ELISE SUTTON CHANGED MY LIFE. So did Fumika Misato (of Real Women Don’t Do Housework) and Mistress Kathy (of Femdom 101). These “loving female authorities” convinced me, and, for sure, many thousands of frustrated subbie guys just like me, that our longings to submit to the opposite sex were not sick or perverted (as we had come to believe after years of prowling the back aisles of X-rated bookstores), but, properly directed, could be the magical pathway to happy-ever-aftering in a committed romantic relationship, whether a “WLM” (wife-led marriage) or “FLR” (female-led relationship).

Both Elise Sutton and Fumika Misato (or “Lady Misato”) popped up on the Internet around the same time—the Millennium. Mistress Kathy’s blog came along a half-dozen years or so afterward. It has long been my intention to write a tribute essay about all three of these sweet savants, but for now I’m making do with this brief bouquet focused principally on Ms. Sutton.

Her Female Superiority website (now, alas, defunct) was a treasure trove of information on what she liked to call Loving Female Authority (LFA). A well researched and thoughtfully positive review of her website was published in 2000 and, for a time, Ms. Sutton featured it on her site. I will reprint it in a follow-on post (coming soon). For the moment, I will just add a few words:

Like Lady Misato’s “Real Women Don’t Do Housework,” Elise Sutton’s “Female Superiority” was a pioneering website, text-heavy and perhaps R-rated (for racy). These trailblazing women were not interested in the commercial world of bondage parlors or femdom scenes. They promoted female domination not as bedroom kink but as a hyper-romantic lifestyle, a lifestyle where female authority pervades every aspect of a male’s existence. Both women offered informative and, for males like me, exciting letters from couples practicing what they so eloquently preached.

Lady Misato’s website (linked above) remains active, though the "Lady" herself seems not to have posted for some time. During Covid, Mistress Kathy’s wonderful Femdom 101 blog (also linked above) went into suspended animation. A year or so after that, Elise Sutton’s magnificent site went dark, with neither warning nor farewell. Some content, however, can still be retrieved via the Internet Archive, aka the WaybackMachine.

NB: While preparing this posting, I discovered that a great deal of Elise Sutton archival material has been uploaded onto scribd.com, an e-book and audiobook subscription service that claims to include one million titles. The material was uploaded by one Trey Brashear (Twitter: @BrashTrey). I haven’t downloaded any of this material, as I have my own voluminous Elise Sutton archives, which I've squirreled away through the years and regularly peruse. But, authorized or not, I applaud Trey Brashear (whom I do not know) for his efforts in keeping this wonderful material available.

Thank the Goddess, as well, that Elise Sutton's three books remain available, in ebook or paperback, from Amazon.com or Lulu.com (and some other online booksellers).


                                        Female Domination: Amazon / Lulu

                                        The Femdom Experience: Amazon / Lulu

                                        Searching for Wanda: Lulu

In a follow-on posting to this, as promised above, I will reprint an interview with Elise Sutton and her own personal profile, both of which were, at one time, included on her site. I hope to dispel once and for all those self-replicating rumors that Elise was a cyber-figment of some guy's kinky imagination and that all those Q&As and Real Stories were wild fabrications. Not so, I assure you! I was lucky enough to exchange emails with Elise years ago, under my alter ego of Mark Remond (of the Worshipping Your Wife blog), and I was tickled proud when she included my blog (as did Lady Misato) on her recommended links page.

Stay tuned -- In fact, you can click now to read Part 2 of my tribute to Elise Sutton.

--Thomas Lavalle




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this, Thomas. I loved perusing Elise's site (Lady Misato's and Ms Kathy's too) when I had time. As you said, it was text based and informative. I loved Elise's non judgmental attitude, and I miss the Q&A as much as the stories. I learned a lot, and there sure is room for a site like that now.

    ReplyDelete

DEBRA’S SON: ‘PATRES FILIAE OBEDIUNT’ *

  (Editor’s Note: Debra’s Son has posted more than a few fond reminiscences on this blog about the advantages of growing up in a matriarchal...